Search This Blog

Thursday, April 30, 2009

From the Desk of Jann Wenner; Re: New Music Genre's To Keep an Eye On

To: Rolling Stone Staff
From: Janny W.(Your Boss)
Re: New Music Genre's to Keep an Eye On

Hey Guys,

I've been doing a lot of research lately scrounging around the nether-worlds of the music industry and I've come across some new sounds that I think you guys at the Stone should keep an "ear" on. I'm not sure if you guys are up on these things but one new hot genre that I keep hearing the kids talk about is something called "contry." (sp?) Apparently it's pretty big in the South, which I know we don't want to talk or think about but if it may be something to look into. If you could check out Johnny Cash, Hank Williams and Waylon Jennings, those guys seem to the big thing at the moment with those racist southern hicks.

Also there's something called "metal" (met-el) (like the stuff that buildings are made out of). Apparently this type of music features up to 2 guitars, sometimes with fast solo's. Now calm down, I know what you guys are thinking and I assure you that I hate that stuff as much as you. However, if it's going to be popular with the kids I don't want to miss out on it like we did with grunge. If you guys could make sure you check out what the kids are wearing at the malls, (do kids still shop at Sears?) check out the arcades etc. I heard something about a band called Iron Maiden, so do some Internet research and check those guys out if you could.

Thanks a lot guys,

Janny

(PS. keep that Obama love comin', here's some suggestions: Obama's favorite rapper, What's On Obama's Ipod, 100 Greatest things about Obama, How Obama saved the country, Obama; bigger than Jesus.)

(PPS. No more mentions of that 4-stars we gave the Jonas Brothers album. If anyone asks it was a typo.)

No comments: